- Last Updated on Sunday, 27 January 2013 14:13
The Lower Milford Historical Society logo is a tree. The tree symbolizes the heritage of Lower Milford Township.
-- Like Lower Milford Township, the tree has its roots in the land.
-- The tree grows strong by maintaining its roots while branching out as Lower Milford Township branched out into villages, new industries, and new developments while maintaing its roots.
-- As the residents of Lower Milford Township increase,grow, and move on, so do the leaves of the tree grow while some drop away.
The mighty tree shows the dynamics of change while maintaining a firm relationship with the past. It is a true symbol of the dynamics of Lower Milford Township.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 March 2012 17:56
After three years as an informal group, the Lower Milford Historical Society has organized into a non-profit unincorporated association. Among the benefits are:
-- A formal process for maintaining leadership in the Society
-- A process for fund raising that would provide tax deductions for donors
-- An ability to obtain grants and corporate sponsorship for various projects
-- A basis to fund projects and events that would be of interest to members and the community at large
-- A better basis for establishing links with other Historical Societies
-- Newsletters for members about activities and history in Lower Milford Township
All this means better and more benefits for our members.
Membership is only $15/year for an individual membership and $25/year for a family membership.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 24 March 2012 04:07
The Lower Milford Historical Society was formed in 2005 to preserve the history of Lower Milford Township. This site presents much of the history that has been preserved and descriptions of ongoing projects. It has a number of features:
1. It has a calendar of events for the Lower Milford Historical Society and other events of potential interest to its members.
2. It has an ever growing member's section to view special material, historical artifacts, a photo gallery, newletters, and and area for projects. When one becomes a member one can register to gain access to the site.
3. It is developing areas for members and the public to comment on historical events and to provide comments.
4. We have a contact area to sign up for projects, join the Lower Milford Historical Society and become an active participant.
Visit us often as we will be adding more and more material to the site.